Monday 18 April 2011

inspiration boards

hello, you guys - hope you had an excellent weekend!
while tidying my cupboard 'studio' i came across these old inspiration boards i had created about 3 or so years ago and it got me all 'inspired again' my taste is still pretty much the same except that i am more open to modern pieces of furniture too. all of these images were cut from country homes and interiors magazines - one of my favorite interior mags along with Elle decoration. the above image is my favorite look of all, i love the colours and the little cupboards on the walls - i would have these everywhere in my house - especially in my bathroom.

 this image was what first inspired me to put some kind of dresser or shelving area in the kitchen - still not got around to it yet...
 i love shiny metal suitcases on top of this dresser - i would so love some of these on top of mine in the dining room
 some 'cosyfying' home accents
 i love the use of old suitcases again in these images
 i adore this old antique mirror - i think this was a home in Switzerland or Austria - i also like the clever use of space for the book shelves
 a beautiful workspace - i love the vintage furniture with the  modern chair - and the mustard wall colour is perfect

 i love this tealight chandelier - i want to get one for the dining room and hang it above the french doors
i like this pin fabric pinboard - the ideal addition for any room, great for putting important pieces of paper and business cards etc.. or simply for decoration with old postcards and sepia photos. * here is a diy tutorial that i found for making a fabric pinboard - hope you are having a great Monday :)

R x

p.s thank you to all of those of you who have recently commented on my blog posts - i really appreciate it x

1 comment:

  1. Phew... glad am not the only one that keeps pages & pages of inspirational images from old magazines.. drives my other half mad!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!
I love to hear your comments :)